A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

February 8, 2016

Sewing Again!

Hi y'all!  I'm FINALLY feeling better and was able to get back to my sewing room this weekend.  I've been fighting a cold/allergies for 2 weeks.  But I hit it hard and think I'm back where I needed to be on these projects.  First up is the 365 Block Challenge 2016.  So far, I've been able to mostly work from scraps for this project.  Here are the blocks from last week...

365 Block Challenge - Feb Week 1

We are still working on our 3-1/2" blocks and will be for a while.  This is going to be a gorgeous quilt I think.  We'll see how it progresses.  Next up was the Project 48 block for this week.  This was an easy one...

Project 48 - Week 5

After those were caught up, I caught up on the Ugly Christmas Sweater QAL, designed and hosted by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.  First up was her second block of the week...


Her large quilt is 20 blocks which makes a lap size quilt.  You know me though and lap quilts are too small for real curling up on the couch cuddling so it has to be bigger.  My solution is going to be making a few extra blocks as we go using some of my Christmas fabric.  Here's the first one...

Ugly Sweater QAL - Aqua

One thing I figured out as I was going is that I don't have nearly enough Christmas fabric.  If anyone has a 6-1/2" square of Christmas fabric they wouldn't mind sharing, please let me know!!!  Here's the second one...

Ugly Sweater QAL - Coral

And just so you can get an idea, my first four blocks together...

Ugly Sweater QAL - Week 1

I am thoroughly enjoying this quilt along Lorna!!!  Thanks so much for hosting.  It's going to be a super cute quilt when it's done.

Sunday starts the Splendid Sampler and I'm hoping to do the second block of Ray of Hope this weekend.  So many fun projects!  What are you up to this week?

Today I'm linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday, What a Hoot for BOM's Away, Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts, Design Board Monday at Bits and Bobs, and with Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.  On Tuesday at Fabric Tuesday with Quilt Story, Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, Scraptastic Tuesday at Mrs Sew and Sow, and Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts.  Wednesday at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.  And Thursday with NTT at My Quilt Infatuation.

20 comments:

  1. Send me your mailing address at erin (dot) mypatchworklife (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll be happy to send you a couple of 6.5" squares of Christmas fabric!! Love the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are feeling better! It seems like it hasn't slowed you down much. What cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! And I agree with you that a lap quilt just isn't big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to make some of these blocks myself. Thanks for sharing yours. It seems like my entire city has come down with the flu (me included) It's hard to keep up with things when you're not feeling well. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I have so much Christmas fabric it would make you cry! I will happily send you a few squares. Send me your address. My e-mail is izemmom@gmail.com or you can comment on my (fledgling) blog sewmuchforfreetime.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I have so much Christmas fabric it would make you cry! I will happily send you a few squares. Send me your address. My e-mail is izemmom@gmail.com or you can comment on my (fledgling) blog sewmuchforfreetime.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ugly Christmas Sweater Quilt is one that I hope to get started soon. Love your idea of using Christmas fabric! I'd love to send you some Christmas fabric for your sweaters. PM me at joycee2561 at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I probably have several Christmas fabrics, but they are traditional red/green, and I don't know that they wouldn't ruin what you have going on there. I particularly like your argyle sweater! I love seeing the variety of things you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better. Not much worse than sinus problems. Love your Ugly Swwater blocks. It's going to be a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Christmas sweaters. I've been gathering the instructions but just should NOT be starting anything new. (Said the gal with over 45 UFO's and 6 quilts that need to be quilted!) You are doing a great job with all your blocks. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt is BRILLIANT! I'm not usually into the cutesy Christmas themed quilts, but this one is really clever and I love it. I'm sure I can spare some 6" squares of Christmas fabric, but I'm not sure if what I have is the right color palette for you. You want all bright, clear colors, right? I think I have some of those, but I also have an assortment of more "traditional" Christmas fabrics that reminded me of old Christmas cards, you know, darker maroonish reds, hunter greens, metallic accents... But if you want me to send you a few squares, email me with your mailing address. It would be fun to see one of my scraps end up in one of your cute sweater blocks! There is more than one way to accomplish stash-busting... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just jumped into Lorna's quilt along this morning and I'm loving it! I am really embracing the ugly and using up a variety of ugly scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you're right about the 365 quilt going to be pretty. :) And - Haha!! - Love the ugly sweaters emerging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Xmas sweaters are fabulous! I like the bright blue background--it really sets of the bright colors in your sweaters. I have only made the first one, so I better get busy and caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you stay well and keep up with those projects! The Christmas sweaters look fun. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Ugly Sweater blocks! I finished my second one today. I need to get the third one done so I can take pictures for my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Cathy...glad to hear you are feeling better and your needle is threaded once more! love the ugly sweater quilt...yours is looking fabulous. I am also in love with the red and aqua block (doesn't help that I also love the colour combo)...I bet that would make an awesome looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm happy you're feeling better, and you've been so productive! You are making good progress on the ugly sweater blocks. It will be fun to see your finished quilt. Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you are feeling better. It does feel good to sew when it has been a few days.
    Love your blocks. I am really loving the fabrics you are using.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete