A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

November 2, 2015

Americana - Freedom Lane

Did y'all have a good Halloween??  I had so much fun.  I'll do a post later and share some of the fun but I did manage to get some sewing done.  I needed to sew up my Freedom Lane as part of the Americana Quilt Along that my dear friend Deana is hosting.  And let me just tell you, it is so freaking cute!!!  Here's the first block, the church...

Americana - Church

It's so pretty!!  Then I sewed up the schoolhouse...

Americana - Schoolhouse

Love it so much!!  And then I made up the village house...

Americana - Village House 
There is one more block, but I forgot to take grey with me and as the block is a cemetery, I was out of luck.  Here is the row so far...

Americana - Freedom Lane

I love it so much!  Deana is so talented.  I love every one of her designs.


13 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking beautiful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your buildings look so cute. Good job at getting them done. I only managed to get the church done, but maybe I'll tackle the others this week. I do better with a deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Schoolhouse Block with the American Flag that I saw on Cooking Up Quilts, Main Crush Monday. That's going to make a nice quilt. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really looks like a fun project! and I love the fabrics you are using too. Thanks for linking up with Bits 'n Bobs for Design Board monday.....lovely to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabrics! Your row turned out really cool, Cathy. THanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your blocks. I love your sky fabric. I just used a WOW because I didn't have a sky I liked. I have the schoolhouse done. You were very productive to do them all in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun blocks! Love your Freedom Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, cool! You are friends with Deanne? I love her things. This DOD Americana is terrific, and I really like your row.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I REALLY love your blocks! I will have to check out the Quilt Along! How fun! Visiting from Freshly Pieced! I am working on a Log Cabin. xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowie! This is amazing! I love the fabrics you chose, and that they are americana based. going to check out your friend now...LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cute -love the touch of the mountains in the background of the schoolhouse - you'll have to post it when you finish

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how good that church looks with word print fabric. It just goes to show that we don't have to use realistic fabrics to get a great look!

    ReplyDelete