A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

June 19, 2015

Union Jack - Graduation Quilt Finish

Do yall remember the Union Jack quilt top I finished?

Union Jack

Union Jack 

Well, I finally got it quilted, just in time for Cassidy's graduation!  She graduated from Churchill High School so it is the perfect quilt for her.  And with the non-traditional colors, it should carry her for many years to come.

Union Jack 

I love the way it turned out!  

Union jack 

I quilted it with an all-over clover pattern for luck...

Union Jack 

And bound it with leftover 2-1/2" strips of fabric from the top.  The backing is this gorgeous fabric by Wyndham that I got a few months back from Massdrop...

Union Jack - Back 

Don't you just love it?!?!  I keep trying to tell Cassidy that it's way too big for her and I'll just keep it for her but she's not going for it.

Union Jack Back and Label 

And here is the gorgeous graduate!!

Cassidy at Graduation 

Congrats baby!!!  I love you!


14 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make one of these! Yours is gorgeous, I'm also a sucker for the backing! I'm sure Cassidy with have and love this quilt for years and years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used, and I'm not sure I would be nice enough to give it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! It is on my "someday" list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this turned out!!!
    Congrats to you Graduate,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your graduate! And what lovely gift, it's so bright and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It is done! It is such a beautiful quilt for a beautiful girl! I am happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Congrats to both of you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt for a beautiful graduate! I am a slacker. I have the fabric, but have yet to start my new grad's quilt. I need to get on the ball. Goal now is to have it done by the time she heads off to college...eeekk! Not much time left...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute...both the quilt and the graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's just gorgeous, and so is her quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat graduation gift! I sure understand why you're not allowed to keep it. Love the back, too. All those fun color words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your graduate is as beautiful as the quilt! Congrats with her and your finish. The quilt is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful quilt for a beautiful girl!!! Congrats :*)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is so great! I bet she isn't really sure you need to keep it for her is she?

    ReplyDelete