A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

May 20, 2015

Quilter's Garden - Rows Assembled

Last night I spent some time putting the rows together for my Quilter's Garden quilt.  They went together pretty smoothly except the flower row, third from the bottom.

Quilters Garden 

Glad I wasn't the only one that had trouble with that block!  All of the ones I received were too small so I trimmed them all to the same size and added strips to the ends of the row.  I brought the rows to the office this morning to lay them out and see what order to put them in.  I think this layout works well.  But I am thinking about adding some sashing rows here and there.  We'll see.  But so far, I really love this quilt!!!  Thanks again Deana for such a fun quilt pattern and swap!

Don't forget we are linking up our leader/ender projects on yesterdays post.  Grab a button and come share!
A Quilting Chick


Today I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday, My Quilt Infatuation for NTT, and Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt. I love that washing line :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt. My favorite row is the sewing machine blocks!

    I came here from the Let's Bee Social link-up, and wanted to invite you to one we host called Crafty Comment Karma. It goes up each Friday and is open for the entire week to any crafty, quilting or sewing links! I hope you'll come join us: http://www.prairiesewnstudios.com/search/label/Crafty%20Comment%20Karma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is looking fabulous! It's been fun seeing your progress and so nice to see all the rows lined up together. It's going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this pattern Dean created and yours is turning out so sweet and charming Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic. I like your layout. The smaller blocks give some breathing room to the larger ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I get to see it all together! You have done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is turning out so CUTE!!!! You always work on the cutest designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly, I got almost nothing done this week, so I have nothing to link up. I love this layout, but I can see stripping between rows. Your quilt makes a nice progression from quilt shop, through the making steps to the finished ones hanging on the line. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Cathy, you and I both have gone missing in blogland in May. We had better get our acts together (ha ha).
    I just love admiring your row quilt. I really love the fabrics and your row arrangement.
    I have not seen progress on your Shimmer Braid in awhile. Have you been too busy or are you cussing me for y-seams. Don't let them hold you back. If you want, you can mail me the pieces and I'll set them in for you and send them back. I am dying to see this quilt because it is so different from mine - GORGEOUSLY DIFFERENT - country different.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete