A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

May 18, 2015

Paris Quilt - Center Completed

Yay!! I managed to get the center of the Paris quilt top completed last night!!

Paris Quilt  

To be honest, I wasn't sure I was gonna like this one.  I loved the design but it looked really busy when I started assembling it.  But now....love!!  Here's some closeups...

Paris Quilt 

The Paris scenes, Eiffel Towers, so much fun!

Paris Quilt 

Cassidy liked the red in the corners so that's where they'll live.  I love that little pop of color that red adds...

Paris Quilt 
 
 And....I just had to add paisley!  Cassidy hates paisley, but I love it so it gets added anywhere I can manage it.  And come on....this paisley seems to fit the Paris quilt perfectly!

Paris Quilt 

Sigh....I adore this quilt.  I think I'll add just a thin purple border to finish it off then bind it with the scraps from the center.  I'm going to be writing this one up into a pattern.  Speaking of which....I'll be giving away a free copy of the pattern!  All you have to do to enter is help me figure out a name for it.  I can't keep calling it the Paris quilt.  Leave your comments here and the best name will be emailed a PDF version of the pattern.

Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow to share your leader/ender project progress!!

A Quilting Chick


Today I am linking up with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Makers at ayliN-Nilya, Monday Makers at Hug a Bit Quilts, and Main Crush Monday with Cooking Up Quilts.

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest designs are the best! Love the way you used your focus fabrics in the pinwheels. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would LOVE your quilt. With the pinwheels, the bikes, the paisleys, etc. I am thinking of "Spinning Around Paris." Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to look closely and see all those fun fabrics Cathy! It all turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinwheels give the quilt a lot of movement. Maybe you could call it Paris Pinwheels?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! When I first saw this quilt I didn't even see the pinwheels. Then I saw the close ups. Amazing! It's a great quilt that really shows off the fabrics. Thanks for linking up to Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I didn't have the vision of what it would look like complete. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new finish, you busy girl! You are always getting so much done.

    I am terrible at naming things so I'll leave that dilemna to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that girl on the motocycle :o) "L'amour fou" jumps to my mind, regarding the name.

    ReplyDelete