A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

October 2, 2015

Starry Eyed Quilt - Noteworthy

Hi y'all!  Here's another quilt I wanted to share with you.  The first time that I saw the Starry Eyed Quilt on Moda Bake Shop, I knew I wanted to make it so I added it to my list of "someday" projects.  Then when Moda put out the Noteworthy fabric line, I knew I had THE fabric for this project.  So, without further ado, here is my version of Starry Eyed...

Starry Eyed - Full

I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law while making this one and my sister-in-law fell in love with it, thus it became my niece's quilt.

Starry Eyed - Left

I love this pattern, the organic way the stars are sewn...

Starry Eyed - Right

The Noteworthy fabric is so pretty here!  I love it so much.  Had to pick up a bit extra for the stash...

Starry Eyed - Close

And here's one more of the full quilt.

Starry Eyed - Noteworthy

I think that I'm going to make this one again.  It was a lot of fun to make and the results are well worth it!

Today I'll be linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Friday, with Fabric Frenzy at Ft. Worth Fabric Studio, and for Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.   On Monday with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

21 comments:

  1. What a soft and beautiful quilt! Perfect for a little girl. Love the design and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beauty! Love the pattern and the softness of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so sunggly. Love the pattern and the fabric. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such a cuddily quilt, a perfect gift for your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt. I haven't made stars like this for years so lovely to see them again and to remind me to make one 'someday'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your quilt is gorgeous and the fabrics are so soft and comforting. What a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty! I love the colors that you chose. They work perfectly with the pattern. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the design and those really are the perfect colors for it. Congratulations on a finish. I think I would have a hard time giving it away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stars. Very nice quilt. I love the scrappy borders on the blocks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that setting with the alternating plain blocks and squares. And the colors look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pattern and range go so well together, great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is absolutely beautiful! The pattern is going straight on my quilts to make pin board and it is just perfect in that fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So soft and pretty and fun Cathy! You definitely get a whoop whoop! Your niece must be very excited about the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet quilt! I really enjoy it when two different blocks are combined to give a new effect. And you're right...these fabrics are perfect for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done. Love the colors in that fabric line, bright and fun. It's always such a good feeling when you find just the right fabrics for a pattern on your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful quilt! She will treasure it always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm currently making this pattern and I was wondering if you squared up your final blocks? I am fairly new to quilting so my blocks are not perfect and it seems like they will need to be squared up but the pattern doesn't address this.

    ReplyDelete