A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

October 31, 2014

Split Nine Patch Finished!

I love this finish!  Every time I hang it up for pics, I just stare at it.  It's absolutely beautiful!!

Nelson says, "Hi!"
There are so many pieces involved.  One-hundred eighty-two blocks.  Twelve pieces per block.   For a grand total of 2,184 pieces.  I started piecing it as my leader/ender project in July, 2013.  I believe it's final measurements are 102" x 108".  I seem to see it with a lightweight denim backing because it screams, "old-fashioned" quilt to me, which of course means it needs to go on picnics at the park.  I see a lot of sunny, fun family days in it's future!



9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful quilt! I think you are right, a denim backing and a picnic are definitely in order with this quilt!! Congrats on a monumental finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...love the layout!! But oh my that's ALOT of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! Old fashioned blocks with a modern setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Think I should try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so impressive. It does look perfect for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working on split nine patch blocks and I just love the layout you used. Thanks for sharing your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe I missed this post earlier!!So glad you shared it this week at Tuesday Archives!! I love the pattern and movement..along with the colors of this finish!! It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete