A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

October 27, 2014

Flintstone's Quilt

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a bit and going to enter a few quilts into the Blogger's Quilt Festival this year.  I've been wanting to document all of my quilts on my blog anyway, so this is giving me that little push I needed to do that.  First up is my Flintstone's quilt.

Flintstone's quilt 

I always see panels that I love, but I hate the look of straight "panel" quilts.  I can't get myself to make them.  I have to change them up and make them my own.  That's what happened with this quilt.  I fell in love with the Flintstone's fabric when it first came out.  I cut the larger pieces.  Then fussy cut some of the smaller squares and framed them....
 
Center of Flintstone's Quilt 

Then used a bunch of fabrics from the Flintstone's line with a few extras and made a variety of filler blocks.
 
Side of Flintstone's Quilt 

The hardest part is getting all of the sizes to work out.  Using the design wall was a lifesaver.
 
Top of Flintstone's Quilt  
 But in the end, the design came out perfect and shows off the fabric in the line without looking like your typical "panel" quilt.

Flintstone's Quilt 

Cassidy claimed this one as soon as she saw it on the design wall!  I don't even remember my kids watching the Flintstone's!  You'd think I'd have been able to keep this one myself!
 
Flinststone's Quilt  
I'm entering this one into the original design category over at Amy's Creative Side.  Please do take a look around and look at everyone's wonderful creations!  Don't forget to vote!!


AmysCreativeSide.com

Linking this post up with Val's Quilting Studio for her Tuesday Archives linky party featuring panel quilts!  Come see people's creative use of panels!


2 comments:

  1. Okay! I'm so inspired now! As like you, I don't like the "traditional" look of the panel...yet I LOVE what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. You did a great job! This is exactly what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete