A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

August 24, 2014

My Adventures with Sugar Cookies

So at 9:30 tonight my daughter reminded me that she needed me to make cookies for one of her best friend's birthday tomorrow, the first day of school.  She had asked me yesterday, and reminded me today, and I got so busy with sewing, that I completely forgot!  So I went into the kitchen, pulled out some chocolate chips, and went to make cookies.  My recipe calls for 2 cups of butter.  So I opened a new package and this is what I saw....


Crap.  So I opened up the second package and had the same problem.  They are both heading back to the store tomorrow, but that didn't help with the cookies that I needed to make tonight.  So we changed to sugar cookies.  My sugar cookie recipe calls for a cup of butter and I had one stick, so I halved the recipe.  I start adding the ingredients into my KitchenAid in a hurry, managing to spill sugar on the floor in the process...

When I finally get a batch in the oven, I forget to set the timer.  Thus, this is how the first ones came out.  :(  Slightly browned.  My daughter tasted one and said they taste like popcorn.


Here's the second dozen.  :)  These are perfect.

Don't let my photography and terrible time in the kitchen stop you from trying these.  I love these cookies.  They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  They have become a family favorite.  Here's a link to the recipe.

I'm heading to bed, finally!  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment