A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

August 25, 2014

Design Wall Monday 8/25/14

I finally finished the mystery quilt I've been testing for Persimmon Quilts and her mystery quilts for Quilts of Valor.  Guys, this one turned out gorgeous and she just started putting out the steps so if you want a gorgeous, fun quilt to make, head on over and get started!  This was #36, but every one has been fantastic.

So, since I finally finished that, I've been able to get back to my Texas Roadtrip QAL.  I LOVE this quilt!  Here's my version of the camper block for Big Bend...

And since I got that block done, I was able to assemble the third quadrant.... 

And then put all three up on the design wall...
 
I just don't know how I could love this more!!  It is so pretty.  I can hardly wait to get the last quadrant done.  There are a lot more pieced blocks in the last quadrant so it may take a little bit of time.  But I did manage to get the Houston block done.  The original quilt along calls for a sailboat block.  So I changed it up and here's mine...
 
See, I lived in Houston until I was 13 and my favorite times were spent at the Astrodome, watching the Astros play baseball.  Thus my block is for the Astros.  

Many block to go!  Can't wait to see how much I can get done before the next Design Wall Monday linkup at Patchwork Times!
 

1 comment:

  1. Yours is the best one I've seen. I love the contrast between rugged Texas and your fabric.

    ReplyDelete